Who should complete this form?
Students in F-1 status MUST apply for a Last Semester of Study Reduced Course Load (RCL) in his/her last semester if fewer courses (less than full-time) are needed and required to complete the course of study.
When should I submit this form?
Students in F-1 status must apply to graduate BEFORE submitting this request
(Graduation Process: https://registrar.gmu.edu/students/graduation/process/)
- Earliest date to request: Monday, August 3, 2020
- Last date to request: Monday, September 7, 2020
What happens after I submit the request form?
When OIPS receives the Last Semester Reduced Course Load (RCL) request from you, we will do the following:
- We will verify that you have filed your intent to graduate with the Office of the Registrar.
- We will verify that you have met all degree requirements to complete your program at the end of the current semester if you successfully pass the courses for which you are registered. Please note that you - the student - are responsible for running your own degree evaluation. If anything is missing or additional steps are needed, you will receive an email detailing what you need to do.
- Once the Office of the Registrar has cleared your degree evaluation, OIPS will shorten the program end date on your I-20 to indicate the last day of examination period as your expected date of completion. The I20 will also give you authorization to take less than a full course of study.
What is the processing time?
5-10 business days (could take longer if you have outstanding items to pass your degree evaluation – OIPS cannot approve your RCL until the Registrar’s Office clears you for graduation).
Ready to Request Final Semester RCL?
Please answer the following questions:
- Is Fall 2020 your final semester?
- Have you applied to graduate?
- Is today's date after Monday, August 3, 2020?
- Is today's date before Monday, September 7, 2020?
If you answered "yes" to all the questions listed above, then you can go ahead and complete the form! Click on the blue button to launch the form.