Request an I-20 (Graduate Students)

Newly admitted students who are not citizens or residents of the U.S. seeking F-1 (Student) Visa status must request a George Mason University Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant F-1 Student Status) and apply for an F-1 via at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate BEFORE traveling to the U.S. to begin their degree program.


I-20s for newly admitted students, including F-1 Transfer students to George Mason, are issued by the International Admissions Office. Find detailed information, including requirements for I-20 issuance, at International Student Visa Information

For questions about admission and I-20 issuance for undergraduate students, contact

For questions about admission and I-20 issuance for graduate students, contact 

If you are a Mason Korea student and you would like to request an I-20, please click here to proceed.

Graduate Application Step by Step Guide