Global Engagement Certificate
The Global Engagement Certificate (GEC) is a free co-curricular program meant to encourage your active engagement and involvement with international activities, events, experiences, and peers. GEC program requirements at a glance:
- Accruing 50 points for participation in various on- and off-campus activities and writing reflection papers about those experiences.
- Foreign Language Learning OR English Language Tutoring/Discussion
- One intercultural-themed course: Intercultural Communication or Dialogue and Difference
- Joining the planning committee for one iCafe event
- Watching an academic debate on a global topic and writing an analysis/reflection of the topic and the debate
- Giving a presentation on your program experiences
Click here to learn more.
International Student Advisory Board
The International Student Advisory Board (ISAB) amplifies the voice of international students, in order for the university to better understand and respond to their needs, through official representation by student leaders. The board consists of 20 members and meets six times per year. The goals of the ISAB are to:
- Amplify the voice of international students, in order for the university to better understand and respond to their needs, through official representation by student leaders.
- Assist OIPS in program assessment.
- Serve as a conduit of information between OIPS and students.
- Support advisory board members’ development as responsible, ethical, and interculturally aware student leaders.
All Mason students are invited to apply to serve on the International Student Advisory Board! Members are required to attend three meetings per semester and volunteer for at least one international event per semester. International events include International Student Focus Groups, International Student Orientation, International Cafe, International Education Week (November), International Education Week (April), and more. Applications will be accepted until Monday, September 12, 2016.
Click here to apply.