The Office of International Programs and Services will be expanding the in-person office hours to Monday - Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. For the convenience of students, faculty, scholars, and community members, many services will remain online, but available when in-person is needed.
Visit the OIPS Online Services page to find out more about how to meet with an advisor and find OIPS events.
If you decide to visit the OIPS office during our normal operating hours, we encourage you to take the daily COVID Health Check and review the OIPS Vaccine and Testing page, which includes helpful information on George Mason University’s vaccine and quarantine requirements and links to Student Health Services information.
What Can I Do By Phone, Email?, or Virtually?
Virtual or Phone Appointments for almost any student or faculty immigration concern. Please be sure you are able to access a computer to be able to view the information as the advisor speaks with you. Call 703.993.2970 to set up your appointment. Please be sure that you will be able to meet professionally with few interruptions from noise or family members.
Virtual Walk-in Hours are set up for you to come in for a quick 5-minute advising session. Walk-in hours will take place on Wednesdays & Thursdays from 1:30 PM-3:15 PM EST. Please visit: http://go.gmu.edu/oipswalkinhours to attend the OIPS Walk-in Hours.
Email Advising: You may find your answers on the OIPS Web Page under OIPS Self Service Center https://oips.gmu.edu/oips-self-service-center/
Graduate Admission I-20 Requests, Transfer In, Graduate Student Deferrals: firstname.lastname@example.org
On-Campus and Curricular Practical Training Employment, Program Extension, Reinstatements to Student Status, Change of Status to F-1, Transfer Out, Reduced Course Loads, and General Questions: email@example.com, or oips.gmu.edu
INTO Mason Student F1 Visa status questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave of Absence and Return to the U.S., Course Load Requirements, Last Semester Reduced Course Load Advising: email@example.com
Optional Practical Training, STEM Optional Practical Training Advising: firstname.lastname@example.org
J-1 Student Advising: email@example.com
H-1B and PR Advising: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
What can I do in the OIPS Self-Service Center?
- J Academic Training Workshop and Evaluation
- Cap Gap I-20 Request
- Concurrent Enrollment, Family Invitation Instructions, Verification of Status Letters
- F-2 Dependent Request Form
- I-20, DS-2019 Reprint and Travel Signature with Secure Email, First Class or E-ship Mailing
- International Student check in Form
- Online OPT Workshop, Instructions, and OPT Request Form (New)
- OPT/STEM OPT Online Update Form (For Students on OPT)
- Program Extension, Reduced Course Load Last Semester
- OIPS Withdrawal (Leave of Absence) and Return Forms
- STEM OPT Request Form and Instructions, Evaluation(s)
- Transfer Out
- Click HERE to access the OIPS Self-Service Center page